New Opt-X® SDS Wall-Mount Enclosures
Published: Wednesday, 6 September 2017
Bothell, Washington, September 6, 2017 – Leviton today unveiled new additions to its family of Opt-X fibre enclosures. The new SDX Wall-Mount Fibre Optic Enclosure line simplifies the selection, installation and maintenance process for contractors. Designed for applications varying from telecommunications rooms, network hubs, remote network extensions and end-of-row patching, the wall-mount enclosures accommodate a wide array of Leviton SDX and HDX adapter plates, cassettes, splice trays, and splice modules. With four sizes available — accommodating from 24 to 288 LC fibres — the entire product line is engineered with a consistent feature set, installation steps and deployment process, making it an ideal solution for a wide variety of applications.
“Leviton engineered SDX Wall-Mount Enclosures to support a wide array of indoor environments, such as remote network hubs that require a variety of fibre counts, service provider installs that need higher security options and data centre zero-RU applications that require field splicing,” said Tony Yuen, Sr. Product Manager for Leviton Network Solutions. “We’ve even taken extreme space concerns into consideration, offering mounting options for non-traditional network areas like under a desk or inside a cubicle wall. This gives IT managers and network designers much more flexibility.”
The new enclosures offer additional benefits:
- Network security: locking doors and dual-door access to separate user and service sides
- Cable and patch cord protection: making it easier for contractors to dress-out and protect cable and jackets from damage and pinching
- Space savings: compact zero-RU, wall-mount and din-rail mounting options
- Network consistency: enclosures accommodate both Leviton SDX and HDX patching platforms
- Field splicing: includes both splice trays and self-contained splice modules
The SDX Wall-Mount line includes the following size and capacity options:
- Mini Enclosure houses one SDX component and patches up to 24 LC fibres
- Small Enclosure houses two SDX components and patches up to 48 LC fibres
- Medium Enclosure houses four SDX components and patches up to 96 LC fibres
- Large Enclosure houses twelve SDX components and patches up to 288 LC fibres
For more information, please visit our SDX Enclosure page.